There is no specific intern Visa in Ghana, but you do need do apply for a tourist visa with the Ghanaian embassy in your home country. This Visa will generally be issued for stays up to 60 days. Should you plan a longer stay you can apply for the so called „Multiple Entry Visa“. This is issued for 6 months or a year – you cannot stay in the country for 6 months or a year, but are endorsed for another 60 days when entering the county. You need to leave the country in between.
- German citizenship
- Passport which is valid for at least another 6 months after applying for the Visa
- Application form (one set= four copies)
- 4 recent passport size photos
- Yellow fever vaccination certificate
- Return ticket
- 50 € Visa fee for Single Entry Visa
NEW since December 2012:
- The embassy now additionally requires an copy of your last bank account information (we assume that about 700-1000 Euro are sufficient on your account).
- Copy of the visa fee transfer confirmation
- Invitation letter (which you will receive from your program coordinator in Ghana)
We also recommend that you comply with the following checklist:
- submit all the documents in time!
- be sure to prepare all documents required
- talk to the coordinator in Ghana
- call the Ghanaian embassy and check the progress of your visa application
For more information please visit the website of the embassy.