- Capital: New-Delhi
- Population: 1.166.079.217
- Area: 3.287.590 km²
- Density of population: 349 Einwohner pro km²
- Religion: 80,5 % Hindu, 13,4 % Muslims, 2,3 % Christians
- Currency: Indian Rupee
- Languages: Hindi and English
- Country Code: +91
- Rate of unemployment: 7,2%
India, in south Asia, is with a total area of 3.287.590 km² the 7th biggest state in the world. The country accounts for 3000 km from west to east and around 3200 km from north to south. India is a federal republic with 28 federal states. In the north, India borders the Himalaya and in the south the indian ocean. In total, india borders 6 countries: Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar and Bangladesh. The total coast length is approximately 7000 km. Not many people know that India has got 3 offshore island groups which are called the Andamans, Nikobares, and Lakshadweep. The highest mountain is with 8598 meters the Kangchendzönga, which is located in the west of India and the most famous river is 'Ganges', with a length of 2511 km.
With around 1,2 billion inhabitants India is, after China, the most populous country in the world. Per km² live in India on average 349 people. This is 118 people more than for example in Germany. This density is very uneven spreaded over the country. India has a population growth of about 15 mio people per year. Therefore it is the country with the greatest population growth in the world. This is not a cause of the increasing birth rate, it is because the life expectancy of people increases drastically. Nevertheless, the birth rate is with 3 children per woman in India compared to 1.2 children in Germany, very high. Approximately 25 mio Indian people live abroad, preferably in the United States, Canada, or the UK. India is a multiethical state, which means that during an internship there, you can gain a hudge variety of religions, cultures, and people.
In northern and central India, the climate is subtropical and in the south, mainly on the coasts there dominates a maritime tropical climate. This means that temperatures in the North vary greatly. This means that temperatures in the North vary greatly. In December the minimum temperatures are about 10°C and the maximum temperature from April to June may reach 50 degrees Celsius. It is different in the south, there is year-round constant hot. The rainy season begins in most parts of India in June and ends in September.
- In 1505 Portugal, France, the Netherlands begin to conquer coastal bases in India
- In 1756 British East India Company conquers other parts of India and banish other colonies. Loyal Princes retain parts of India.
- In 1857/58 of the population rise up against East India Company. Defeat of the rebellion. Britain receives direct control.
- Bombay was established in 1855 and participation rights of the population are required.
- In 1906 Muslimliga to represent the interests is founded
- 1947 India becomes independent with the help of Mahatma Gandhi.
- 2010 In the field of information technology, India is second (after the USA). But people are still living following old traditions.
India has an amazing economic growth. The Gross Domestic Product of India is 1.200 billion US-dollars, about 2700 US-dollars per person.
Because of that India is world's twelfth place, despite an unemployment rate of 7.2%. Since 1999, the gross domestic product increased annually by an average of 7%. The consumer price is also increasing annually by about 5%, but nevertheless the prices are not comparable to German prices. The Indian economy is currently at a record flight, which is a very good condition for an internship in India.