We from studentsgoabroad.com understand the importance of privacy. Thus, the following description outlines the personal information we receive and collect from you when you use our placement/mediation services. We want to make clear, what information we collect, how we collect it and for what we use or don’t use it.
Information about you
As an international placement agency for internships and volunteer projects abroad, we may collect and save non-public, personal information directly from our applicants/ participants.
With “information about you” we refer to personal information we save when you use our online registration based services. This includes personal information such as name, contact details, CV, motivational letter, picture, travel preferences, profession or education and flight details.
Studentsgoabroad.com collects personal information when you register online for one of our services such as:
- Request or download a brochure (EF or Studentsgoabroad.com)
- Request information by contacting us
- Order a travel guide
- Subscribe to our Email newsletter
- Register for any travel type (via myKIS)
- Book our placement service for a program of your demands (via myKIS)
- Request information by contacting is via myKIS
Studentsgoabroad Customer Information System – myKIS
Studentsgoabroad.com offers an online Customer Information System to all users, to provide a platform for all data relevant for the placement in one of the programmes. Users can save and administrate travel preferences, CV, motivational letter and personal information. In addition, all users can contact Studentsgoabroad.com via myKIS.
Studentsgoabroad.com also uses myKIS to provide an organized registration process and to collect, administrate and monitor personal information from all users, who made use of registration based services.
Our use of your personal information
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including insurance, accommodation arrangements etc., we may disclose and process your information outside Germany.
(2) If we do receive your personal information, we will only use it for the purposes described where it is collected, and we will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of Studentsgoabroad.com unless
- you expressly authorize us to do so
- it is necessary to allow our partner organizations or agents to provide services for us
- in order to provide our services to you (and contacting you where necessary)
- it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing agreements
- it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, customer care, service quality, business management and operation, risk assessment, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, marketing, market trends, dispute resolution, credit checking, or
- otherwise as we are required or permitted by law.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your order for a placement in one of our programmes offered.
We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of programmes and services, brochures, new programmes, forthcoming events or competitions. We will tailor the information we send you unless you tell us not to.
We appreciate your questions and comments about our company and services and welcome your email messages to mailboxes listed on our website or messages via myKIS. We will share your messages with those within our organization who are most capable of addressing the issues contained in your message. We will keep a copy of your message until we have had an opportunity to address your concerns. We may archive your message for a certain period of time or discard it once it is no longer needed.
You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s) or you can write us to unsubscribe email. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way. Please allow us a reasonable period of time in order to satisfy your request.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately and improve our service we may review, monitor and/or record: telephone calls, web traffic, activities, etc. and social media. All recordings and derivative materials are and shall remain our sole property.
Changes to this policy
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.