Become a partner of StudentsGoAbroad
Four easy steps to find an intern
- Register by filling in the respective form
- This is free of charge!
- Your internship position will be advertised on our internet site and will be available in our database to many European students.
4 Easy Steps to Find an Intern
1. Tips for an effective internship policy
- Make an inventory on which internship tasks are possible and where you can use an extra hand
- Do you need a trainee throughout the whole year? Take two trainees or interns on an annual basis and let the second trainee start in the last month of the first trainee. Then the trainees can instruct each other and this will cost you less time.
- Stipulate which person will accompany the trainee and involve this person in the selection of the trainee
- Inform your colleagues about the starting date and the content of the assignment of the trainee
- More than 20% of all trainees become employed at the internship company. Working with trainees offers you an ideal possibility of getting to know the person during the internship period, so you are able to employ the best trainee after that period
2. Register an internship vacancy
- Title of the internship
- Clearly describe what the internship activities will be, in which department the trainee will work, what can be a possible assignment and which type of trainee you are looking for.
- Period of the internship: The average period for an internship lies between 3 and 6 months.
- Type of training period:
- Work experience period (2nd and 3rd study year): the trainee helps within the department.
- Graduation assignment (last study year): the trainee works independently and does research, analyzes and gives recommendations.
- Number of days: Most trainees are working 5 days per week during their internship period.
3. Choose your intern or trainee
- Do not wait too long with responding, trainees like to arrange their internship well in advance
- You can ask the trainees to send a motivational letter and a C.V.
- There is the possibility to have a telephone interview to make a first selection.
4. If you have further questions do not hesitate to contact us at info(at)studentsgoabroad.com