The Cover Letter
For your internship abroad, you have to prepare a cover letter in English in which you state why you are the right person for the company of your choice.
Take your time and write a text that is individual and honest. Be sure to include only relevant information because your letter of motivation should not exceed one page.
Work carefully and avoid typos and grammatical mistakes. This letter is already the first work sample that a company receives from you and thus your chance to make a first, good impression!
An important point for a good letter of motivation is the right structure:
- subject matter
- main part
Include all your contact information in your letterhead.
(Name, address, e-mail address, phone number, Skype ID)
The correct salutation in English is:
- Dear Sir or Madam, (British English)
- Dear Sir or Madam: (American English)
Explain briefly in which area you are interested in.
- Application as a Marketing Intern in Online Marketing
- Seeking internship in Online Marketing in New Zealand
Here you have the opportunity present yourself as well as your qualifications and abilities and to arouse the interest of the company. Avoid common phrases and come up with a unique letter. For example, the main part of your cover letter could answer the following questions:
- What are your biggest strengths?
- Explain your strengths using examples to make them more tangible.
- Why are you indispensable for a company?
- Which tasks are you interested in? What qualifies you for these tasks? (Education, experience)
- Do you have a special relation to your desired country?
Express once more in one sentence why you think you are the perfect fit for the desired job and give your contact details once more.
- I am eager to show that my strength of purpose, competence, accurateness, and enthusiasm will positively contribute to the success of your company.
- I would not only enjoy applying my skills to this position, I would thrive on the opportunity to prove myself as an asset to the company and contributing member to your team.
We wish you all the best for your application!