Animal Care and Farm Maintenance Intern or Volunteer in Samaná, Dominican Republic
Overview: Animal Care and Farm Maintenance Intern or Volunteer in Samaná, Dominican Republic
In the Dominican Republic there are plenty of animals in need of care and a home. Many dogs are homeless and sick, you often find neglected and malnourished horses and cats are often treated badly – just to give some examples. It is rare that anyone cares about these animals or gives them the affection and nurture that they need.
For many years, a farm close to the city Samaná has already been helping animals in need by providing a home, food and arranging medical treatments. Dogs, horses, mules, cows and many other animals live on the ranch in the middle of the beautiful nature that surrounds Samaná. There is always a lot to do and support is much needed to be able to continue providing care to the animals and finding new homes, especially for the almost 50 dogs living on the farm.
Services for your volunteer program in the Dominican Republic
- Placement in a volunteer program according to your demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about affordable flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Airport transfer to bus terminal Santo Domingo
- Bus ticket from Santo Domingo to Samaná inlcuding return ticket
- Accommodation in a guest house or guest family for the duration of your project (please note: an additional fee for living a guest family applies)
- Living in a host family includes 2 meals a day
- Living in s shared flat: slef-catering
- 6 hours Spanish lessons per week
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
What's not included:
- Meals (shared flat)
- Additional personal expenses
- Airport drop
Your volunteer coordinator in the Dominican Republic
Due to his passion for travelling the world, experiencing new cultures and being socially committed, Manfred early decided to work in the field of development aid. Thus, in 1998 he started to organize a street kids projects in Caracas, Venezuela. He mainly took care of international cooperation, cultural exchange and volunteer work.
His efforts in Venezuela have proven that popular, so that he decided to establish a new volunteer program in the Dominican Republic. The more people can be helped, the better! Now he is coordinating volunteers in Samaná, the Dominican Republic, and will become your contact person during your stay in the Caribbean!
Learn more about Manfred !