Childcare Volunteer Work in Accra, Ghana
Overview: volunteer childcare work in Ghana
Many children are forced to live on the streets due to poverty, negligence and abuse. These children homes give shelter to those children and hope for a better future. The staff has been trained in management and hygiene to provide the children with quality food, clothing and school lessons. Despite the positive development in children's homes because of individual donations, there is a shortage of staff and teachers as the institutions are still financially weak. Your help is always welcome.
Service volunteer abroad - what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation (host family or shared flat or apartment)
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Organization of a rental car or scooter if demanded
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Prepaid SIM card for your phone
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Your coordinator in Ghana
Prince is the Manager of a private organization in Ghana's capital Accra, which is concerned with optimizing the situation of disadvantaged communities. Volunteers are important partners of the project. The organization focuses on improving the education, health and human rights situation of women in Ghana. Prince studied Social Work and collaborates with studentsgoabroad.com in order to get as many volunteers to Ghana as possible.
Learn more about Prince !