Conservation Volunteer Program in New Zealand
Overview: Conservation Volunteer Program in New Zealand
This program is run by an organisation founded in 1982 and is both not-for-profit and non-political. They offer exciting conservation programs enabling volunteers to protect, preserve and restore the unique and beautiful New Zealand environment.
The program runs in weekly blocks, starting and finishing on Fridays. You can choose to start from any of CV’s offices of the 3 locations in New Zealand. You will lived in shared houses with other volunteers (normally up to 10 at a time) .
As a volunteer you will normally travel to a different project location every week. This means that in a 6-week Conservation Experience, you will generally visit at least 3 different project locations, and undertake at least 2 or 3 different project activities.
Conservation Volunteering in New Zealand – what's in and what's not in
- Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your first destination in New Zealand
- Accommodation (hostel, caravans, tents etc)
- 3 meals a day (Monday to Sunday)
- Orientation on site through conservation coordinator or ranger
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Conservation activities for 5 days per week
- Project-related travel
- Conservation Volunteers wildlife or plant guidebook
- Volunteer Certificate on completion
What's not included:
- Travel to starting point at Conservation Volunteers office
- Visa and passport charges
- Departure, airport and airline charges
- Laundry, medical expenses, personal travel insurance and items of a personal nature
Your coordinator in New Zealand
Monique is a creative, enthusiastic person with a positive attitude who enjoys a challenge. She has a strong background in hospitality, and a degree in Event Management. Furthermore, she loves to travel, and spent 5 years in the U.K, Ireland, Canada, Australia and Europe. She met her Italian husband in Ireland and they finally returned to New Zealand and now have two beautiful Kiwi/Italian children! As an agent for SGA, she always does her best to find internships for the students that they are going to really enjoy. Having spent time overseas, she knows how important it is to feel happy in a foreign country and so she always tries to support them, however she can while they are there.
Learn more about Monique !