Environmental Volunteer Work in an Organic Garden of a Hospital in Buenos Aires, Argentina
Overview: conservation volunteer work in an organic garden in Buenos Aires, Argentina
The organic garden belongs to a psychiatric hospital, which is one of the few psychiatric hospitals in Buenos Aires. More than 1300 patients are taken care of in this institution. The organic garden was created by Argentinean volunteers in order to give the patients and the neighbored community a crafted space to see the growth of crops. But moreover, it is a place to learn and to share with others in the open-air.
The working day includes cleaning the weeds, planting and harvesting in a sociable space full of mate and music.
Volunteers can also learn about crops and landscaping. The coordinators and patients produce the pesticides and herbicides needed for the garden by themselves. They only use natural materials that assure an organic production.
The patients working in or visiting the garden are in advanced stages of healing, which means the are close to a full recovery and their release. The garden is an excellent way to begin to reintegrate the patients into the community and society.
Service volunteer in Argentina - what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work in Argentina include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in Argentina supports you, wherever you require it:
- Placement in a volunteer program according to your demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about affordable flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation in a volunteer house
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
- Transportation costs during the program
- Additional personal expenses
- Airport drop
Your program coordinator in Argentina
Jésica is an excellent Argentinian translator and an English professor with many years of experience. She is the general director of our partner organization and will be your first contact in Argentina. Plus, she will assure, that you will find a program matching your expectations and will help you with all travel preparations.
Learn more about Jesica!