Internship as a teacher in education project in Cusco, Peru
Overview Internship as a teacher in education project in Cusco, Peru
The project aims to develop skills and abilities of youth and adults with limited economic resources in order to promote their opportunities for integration into the labor market and the conditions to start for themselves. Development of skills must be conforming to market demand, a condition for guaranteeing the achievement of the objectives and the impact of the project. There are three components formed to achieve this goal:
- Education: skills for youth and adults for jobs and businesses.
- Labor market: active service to join the labor market.
- Personal development: strengthening leadership skills and the practice of values.
The project will be implemented in the poorer suburbs of the city of Cusco and benefit mainly young people and adults of both sexes with limited resources. The main activity of the project is characterized by entering the labor market and businesses. The training is based on the needs of the market is not only aimed at generating income, but also on personal development and development within the family and community, and the capacity to self-empowerment and self-confidence.
Internship abroad service - what's in and what's not in
Services for your internship abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Individual internship placement according your desired branch and time
- Contractual procedures between the company and the applicant
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Optional additional services:
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
What’s not included:
- Local transport
- Food and beverage
Your coordinator in Peru
Donny is Dutch and since the end of 2008 he lives in Cusco, Peru. He worked at a Spanish school and volunteered at an internship organization in the centre of Cusco. He is responsible for the marketing, communications, the website and online sales. He loves travelling, "it makes you richer", he said. "It’s an escape to another world, far away from your daily live. Seeing beautiful countries and meeting interesting people charges the battery for the rest of the year." Every year he took a month to travel with his backpack in countries in Africa and South America. Until he finally came back to Peru where he met Yuliana, his wife. From that moment, travelling became living in another country. "I now see what I didn’t see travelling!"
Learn more about Donny !