Internship as a volunteer coordinator in Cusco, Peru
Overview Internship volunteer coordinator in Cusco, Peru
This NGO is a nonprofit association, which works mainly with: children, youth and low-income mothers of slum and rural areas of Cusco. The project aims to promote integrated and sustainable development in order to improve their quality of life. At the headquarters they develop activities, design, evaluate and manage the projects. This NGO has two major social programs in Cusco:
- A training project in which about 600 young beneficiaries during the year are provided with training in technical occupations, such as housekeeping, (banquet) bakery, beauty, kitchen assistants, business, etc, with the aim of entering labor market or become self-employed.
- The other project works with children younger than 6 years old and their mothers, approximately 300 families during the year, with the aim of restoring malnutrition with these children.
- The NGO has a smaller project in a village just outside Cusco. This project works with women / families living with violence within the family sphere.
- And the organization has a pizzeria, which aim is to raise funds to finance the social projects of the NGO.
Internship abroad service - what's in and what's not in
Services for your internship abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Individual internship placement according your desired branch and time
- Contractual procedures between the company and the applicant
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Optional additional services:
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
What’s not included:
- Local transport
- Food and beverage
Your coordinator in Peru
Donny is Dutch and since the end of 2008 he lives in Cusco, Peru. He worked at a Spanish school and volunteered at an internship organization in the centre of Cusco. He is responsible for the marketing, communications, the website and online sales. He loves travelling, "it makes you richer", he said. "It’s an escape to another world, far away from your daily live. Seeing beautiful countries and meeting interesting people charges the battery for the rest of the year." Every year he took a month to travel with his backpack in countries in Africa and South America. Until he finally came back to Peru where he met Yuliana, his wife. From that moment, travelling became living in another country. "I now see what I didn’t see travelling!"
Learn more about Donny !