Internship Backpacker Hostel in the Karoo, South Africa
Overview Internship Backpacker Hostel in the Karoo, South Africa
This hostel is a four star 60 sleeper backpacker lodge situated in Oudtshoorn.
Oudtshoorn is a town in the Western Cape province of South Afirca. With 80,336 inhabitants, it is the largest town in the Little Karoo region. The town is home to the world's largest ostrich population, with a number of specialized ostrich breeding farms. The next airport is in George, about 60km from Oudtshoorn and the distance to Cape Town is about 420km/ 5h.
The facility consists of double rooms, family rooms, dorms and camping facilities. There is also a splash pool, restaurant, bar, barbeque area, gift shop and travel desk. Besides the owners there are currently eight people employed. The climate is this region is rather dry and hot with sunshine most of the year.
The hostel is in walking distance of the local restaurants and museums. The majority of guests are international tourists who are travelling along the Garden Route.
It takes about 30 minutes by car to the world famous Cango Caves and there are a lot of interesting activities in the area.
Internship abroad service - what's in and what's not in
Services for your internship abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Individual internship placement according your desired branch and time
- Contractual procedures between the company and the applicant
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Optional additional services:
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
What’s not included:
- Local transport
- Food and beverage
Your coordinator in Cape Town
"My name is Jana Williams, I am originally from Germany, but living in South Africa for 8 1/2 years. Nearly 6 years of those I stayed in the mother city of Cape Town. I am now managing all internship and volunteer placements for Studentsgoabroad Cape Town. During my studies of Social Work I did internships abroad myself. I have been to London, India and even in Cape Town which was 12 years ago. While still living in Germany I started placing interns in Southern African countries and always enjoyed this activity. This activity is interesting, exciting, versatile and most of all positive, as a stay abroad always enlarges the personal horizon."a