Internship in a property rental company for international students in Cape Town, South Africa
Overview: internship in a property rental company in Cape Town, South Africa
This start-up company offers a range of furnished rooms in shared houses for international students, interns and volunteers that spend a few weeks in Cape Town. The houses are all over Cape Town in trendy areas such as Bo-Kaap, Woodstock and Observatory.
The company is introducing additional agent services, e.g. car rental & scooter hire, reservations for activities & tours as well as short time room rental for short term tourists.The organization prides itself on supplying quality student accommodation in Cape Town. They supply a wide range of rooms in shared houses for students, interns and backpackers visiting Cape Town.
The properties are primarily based in Observatory. Observatory has a very cosmopolitan mix of people and you'll definitely meet new friends here. The company is based in the area full-time, making it easily contactable and responsive to customers requirements that may arise on a day to day basis. There are have properties in Gardens, Mowbray and Woodstock as well.The company is working closely with other organizations:
- An American internship/volunteer agency
- A club nearby that provides lunches/meals to interns and students
- A tour company, specializing on Cape Town trips, safaris, car rentals and other activities.
Internship abroad service - what's in and what's not in
Services for your internship abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Individual internship placement according your desired branch and time
- Contractual procedures between the company and the applicant
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Optional additional services:
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
What’s not included:
- Local transport
- Food and beverage
Your coordinator in Cape Town
"My name is Jana Williams, I am originally from Germany, but living in South Africa for 8 1/2 years. Nearly 6 years of those I stayed in the mother city of Cape Town. I am now managing all internship and volunteer placements for Studentsgoabroad Cape Town. During my studies of Social Work I did internships abroad myself. I have been to London, India and even in Cape Town which was 12 years ago. While still living in Germany I started placing interns in Southern African countries and always enjoyed this activity. This activity is interesting, exciting, versatile and most of all positive, as a stay abroad always enlarges the personal horizon.