Internship in an international NGO in Barcelona, Spain
Overview: Internship in an international NGO in Barcelona, Spain
The organization is charity that currently runs programmes across Sierra Leone and Liberia and has established itself as a leading organisation providing quality and sustainable education to thousands of children. Managed out of our London headquarter, this NGO has supported over 20,000 children to access education in the last five years. And they just launched a very exited new phase in the organization´s development, the expansion outside of the UK into other European regions like the Netherlands, Germany and Spain.
The organization is proud of a volunteer-based approach and they are very lucky to have fantastic volunteers committed to their cause, and they are now looking for an innovative individual to support the expansion, marketing and fundraising in these new regions. They are looking for someone to commit to a 3 – 6 month internship based in Barcelona. The internship is unpaid, but some travel expenses will be reimbursed. You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager.
Internship abroad service - what's in and what's not in
Services for your internship abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Individual internship placement according your desired branch and time
- Contractual procedures between the company and the applicant
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Optional additional services:
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
What’s not included:
- Local transport
- Food and beverage
Your coordinator in Barcelona, Spain
Already during her studies Katharina moved to Barcelona to complete an internship. After 6 months in Spain, she knew she would come back. Before moving to Barcelona, she still spent 1 year abroad in Australia, a couple of months in Bali and 2 years in San Sebastian. Eventually, she moved back to the Mediterranean, to Barcelona, where she places motivated students in professional internships in cooperation with studentsgoabroad.com.