Internship in Social work with children in Singapore (individual search)
Overview Internship in Singapore
Complete an internship in Social work with children in Singapore in preparation for your professional career. Our partner organization has the opportunity to search for an internship for you individually.
Social work with children is divided in different fields such as working in children’s home, orphanages, youth camps, with street children or in various other social institutions. In addition the work can vary so that you have to work, depending on the organisation, with children, young people or their parents.
Only since 2001 social work is a specialized science in Germany. But in other European and non-European countries (mainly in the USA) it is considered as a scientific discipline for several decades. The main task of social work is to resolve, to allay or to prevent practical social problems. Generally it should raise the welfare of the people. Essential for social work are the principles of human rights and social justice.
Interns in social work will find a large and wide field of work with lots of interesting and challenging task. You want to know more about the tasks? Under description there is a list of several possible tasks.
Internship abroad service - what's in and what's not in
Services for your internship abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Individual internship placement according your desired branch and time
- Contractual procedures between the company and the applicant
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Optional additional services:
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
What’s not included:
- Local transport
- Food and beverage
Your coordinator in Singapore
Jessie is responsible for placing the interns of StudentsGoAbroad in Singapore since 5 years. She is the manager of her organization with all her heart: "The world is getting smaller and closer because of international volunteer and intern programs." Jessie graduated with Masters' degree at an English University in the UK and taught English and Mandarin language. Travelling around is one of her greatest passion, that's why she as already been to major parts of Europe, Asia and Australia.