Journalism and media work in Accra, Ghana
Overview Journalism and media work in Accra, Ghana
Whether you are an aspiring reporter or already a media professional, participation in the program gives you the opportunity to work in various newspapers, radio and television stations according to your interests. Positions range from researchers at local newspapers to being an half-time analyst for football matches on TV!
During the placement, you support Ghana’s media industry. You will gain valuable experiences for your future career, develop diverse skills, actively engage with the community and share your knowledge with others. At schools and sports institutions you can teach media classes, creative writing or even the basics of journalism.
Service community engagement in Ghana
Services for your community engagement work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Placement in a community engagement project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation (only Sundays)
- Accommodation during your whole volunteer work (in dormitories in the volunteer house)
- 3 meals during the weekdays
- 2 meals on Saturday and Sunday
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
What’s not included:
- Personal expenses
- Transfer to the airport after the end of your project work
Your Local Contact in Ghana
In Accra an experienced project coordinator is assigned to each of the programs. He will assist you with your project preparation as well as your daily tasks. If there are any organizational questions, the doors of our partner office are always open - Christabel will gladly help you as your personal contact.