Mangrove forest conservation in Nosy Be, Madagascar
Overview: Mangrove forest conservation in Nosy Be, Madagascar
This project was designed to preserve the wilderness of Northwest Madagascar. During your work in a cultural center, you will learn a lot about the richness, the uses and the threats of the mangrove forests in Northwest Madagascar. In addition to creating worksheets for visiting children, you will also work on a seedbed. In this seedbed, young mangroves trees are planted, which are used as green classroom for the children.
Service community engagement in Madagascar - what's in and what's not in
Services for your community engagement work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Placement in a community engagement project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport pick-up with direct transfer to your accommodation (only Sunday)
- Accommodation during your whole volunteer work (in dormitories in the volunteer house)
- Every day transport to the project site
- 3 meals during the weekdays
- 2 meals on Saturday and Sunday
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
What’s not included:
- Personal expenses
- Transfer to the airport after the end of your project work
You Local Coordinator in Madagascar.
Hoby is project coordinator in Mahajanga, Madagascar and therefore your local contact. He will help you where ever he can and will try to convey a feeling of home abroad.