Teaching English in a Kindergarten in Kandy, Sri Lanka
Overview: Teaching English in a Kindergarten in Kandy, Sri Lanka
The kindergartens are all located in the highlands around Kandy. The work takes place in one of the numerous kindergartens there. The children who visit these kindergartens are between 3 and 5 years old, very active and enthusiastic.
Here they should learn pronunciation, rhythms and numbers in a playful way.
Service community engagement in Sri Lanka - what's in and what's not in
Services for your community engagement work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Placement in a community engagement project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your whole volunteer work (in dormitories in the volunteer house)
- Every day transport to the project site
- 3 meals during the weekdays
- 2 meals on Saturday and Sunday
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
What’s not included:
- Personal expenses
- Transfer to the airport after the end of your project work
Your coordinator in Sri Lanka
Dhammike is project coordinator in Kandy and Ambalangoda, Sri Lanka and thus your contact person. Since 1993 he has been working in the hospitality sector and knows exactly which tips are important to have a carefree stay.