Trekking Week in Sri Lanka
Overview: Trekking Week in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka offer not only stunning turquoise sandy beaches but also a unique and beautiful landscape within the country.
The trekking week aims to bring the participants closer to Sri Lanka in a very special way. The week is packed with hiking trips, exciting activities and adventures.
Explore Sri Lanka’s nature, the exotic temples, the beautiful forests, the breathtaking mountain landscapes and the unique culture with its delicious spices and food.
Service community engagement in Sri Lanka - what's in and what's not in
Services for your community engagement work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Placement in a community engagement project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation during your whole volunteer work (in dormitories in the volunteer house)
- Every day transport to the project site
- 3 meals during the weekdays
- 2 meals on Saturday and Sunday
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
What’s not included:
- Personal expenses
- Transfer to the airport after the end of your project work
Your coordinator in Sri Lanka
Dhammike is project coordinator in Kandy and Ambalangoda, Sri Lanka and thus your contact person. Since 1993 he has been working in the hospitality sector and knows exactly which tips are important to have a carefree stay.