Voluntary Teaching Work in a Fishermen Village in Ecuador
Overview: voluntary work at the coast of Ecuador
This is an artisanal fishermen population located in the province of Guayas, it has a big amount of natural and cultural resources, and the area of the beach.
They have an average population of 5.000 inhabitants. The community is formed by “mestizos” population and their main economical activity is the artisanal fishing and the tourism because their beach is visited by the surfers especially during Carnival time.
The community is formed by 13 neighborhoods; they count with the basic services of electric light, tube water and telephone line.
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to your demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport pickup in Quito with direct transfer to your accommodation for your sleepover in Quito
- Accommodation and meals in Quito during 1 day
- 2-way bus ticket to the coastal area
- Accommodation in a volunteer house
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
- Accommodation and meals in Quito for 1 day
- Airport drop
- Flight to Quito and back
Laura was born in Manabi, a province on the coast of Ecuador. Already as a student, she stood up for the underprivileged ones in her neighborhood. She kept this passion until today and passes it on to the international volunteers now.