Volunteer English Teaching and Sports Coaching in a Fishermen Community in Ecuador
Overview: volunteer English and Sports teaching in coastal Ecuador
This is a fishermen population, located in the coast of Ecuador, one and a half hour far from the province of Guayas, this little location has big natural attractions such as its vast mangrove, birds and nose bottles dolphins, also called bufeos. The community has a population of 3000 inhabitants.
The community counts with two schools where education is provided from first to seventh level to children from 5 to 13 years old.
The public school gives its services to 425 children, while the private school gives its services to 60 children. They are from 5 to 13 years old.
Also, there is a Day Care Center which take care of children from 6 months to 4 years old and it gives its services to approximately 80 children.
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to your demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport pickup in Quito with direct transfer to your accommodation for your sleepover in Quito
- Accommodation and meals in Quito during 1 day
- 2-way bus ticket to the coastal area
- Accommodation in a volunteer house
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
- Accommodation and meals in Quito for 1 day
- Airport drop
- Flight to Quito and back
Laura was born in Manabi, a province on the coast of Ecuador. Already as a student, she stood up for the underprivileged ones in her neighborhood. She kept this passion until today and passes it on to the international volunteers now.