Volunteer Teaching at Santa Cruz, Galapagos, Ecuador
Overview: volunteer teaching at Santa Cruz, Ecuador
This project consists on helping children and teenagers in public educational
centers that are in elementary and high school levels. These are located in
areas where the knowledge of English is minimal.
The volunteers help to teach English, arts, computing and sports. Besides they
can help with scholar support to enhance their knowledge in different areas.
Some of the schools where volunteers can work are:
This is a multilingual educational institution that was created in order to give
educational services to the children from the islands, especially for the children
who have migrated to the Islands from the indigenous communities with their
The institution gives its services children to the children from 4 to 11 years old.
The school counts with 30 children in the preschool area and 100 children in
basic education from second to fifth year.
This public institution is located in the island Santa Cruz, it counts with
approximately 680 children from 4 to 14 years old, in the areas of pre-school
and from first to seventh year of basic education.
This school counts with 32 teachers. Each teacher gives all the lessons
excepting English, Music and Arts because there are teachers that give lessons
in these subjects.
It is a public school attended by children from rural areas of the Parish of Santa
Rosa, in the Island of Santa Cruz in Galapagos.
The school has 80 children from first to seventh grade of basic education.
Service: volunteer program in Galápagos, Ecuador - what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport pickup in Quito with direct transfer to your accommodation for your sleepover in Quito
- Accommodation and meals in Quito during 2 days
- Transfer and 2 ways airplane tickets to Galápagos Islands
- INGALA card
- Galápagos entrance
- Accommodation with a host family
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
- Transfer once the volunteer comes back from Galápagos
- Accommodation and meals in Quito for 1 day
- Airport drop
- Flight to Quito and back
Laura was born in Manabi, a province on the coast of Ecuador. Already as a student, she stood up for the underprivileged ones in her neighborhood. She kept this passion until today and passes it on to the international volunteers now.