Volunteer teaching in a pre-school and primary school in Kerobokan, Bali, Indonesia
Overview: volunteer in a pre-school and primary school in Bali
The government provides educational opportunities for a cost. Families must pay for use of the building, books and school supplies, uniforms, transportation, and food. Many families must choose between sending their children to school and feeding themselves.This NGO pre-school creates educational opportunities for children with educational needs in developing areas through sponsorships by a private Christian primary school and their fund-raising efforts. The primary focus or the foundation is to support children in Bali whose family could not afford early education.
As a volunteer teacher you will support both the primary and NGO school through assisting the teacher during English lessons.
Service volunteer in Bali - what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation (host family or shared flat or apartment)
- Teaching introduction
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Prepaid SIM card for your phone
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Your coordinator in Bali, Indonesia
All internship and volunteer programs in Bali are coordinated by Laura and Rifka. Laura was born in Surabaya, Java, and moved to Bali 5 years ago to finish her English Literature Bachelor in Cultural studies. Rifka was also born in Indonesia.
The young and energetic team will assist you during your travel preparations and during your entire stay on the island. Moreover, they regularly organize meetings with all interns and volunteers and are happy to share insider tips, that will make your stay unique and unforgettable.
Learn more about Laura !