Volunteer teaching project in primary schools in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Overview: Volunteer teaching project in primary schools in Ubud, Bali
Ubud is the heart of Bali. It is so magical, cultural and beautiful that is hard to describe in words. It is here, where you will assist the local teacher in a small primary school.
Although the importance of English as the language of business and tourism has been recognized throughout Bali, most local schools don't have sufficient funds to employ well-educated teachers or native English speaker. Teachers will pass on their poor English skills to the student, who will barely have a chance to find a job opportunity in the tourism branch. Our volunteer projects aim to bridge this gap and support the primary schools with volunteers who are either native English speaker or well-educated second language English speaker.
Service volunteer in Bali - what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation (host family or shared flat or apartment)
- Teaching introduction
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Prepaid SIM card for your phone
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Your coordinator in Bali, Indonesia
All internship and volunteer programs in Bali are coordinated by Laura and Rima. Laura was born in Surabaya, Java, and moved to Bali several years ago to finish her English Literature Master in Cultural studies. Rima, joined the team after returning home from from her 4-year stay in Germany. The young and energetic team will assist you during your travel preparations and during your entire stay on the island. Moreover, they regularly organise meetings with all interns and volunteers and are happy to share insider tips, that will make your stay unique and unforgettable.