Volunteering at a boys orphanage in Denpasar, Bali
Overview: volunteering at a boys orphanage in Denpasar, Bali
The orphanage was first established in 2007 by a warm-hearted Korean, Mr. Kim, who had seen how many needy and unfortunate children live in his neighboorhood and wanted to make a change. But not all of the 15 children, who are taken care of in the orphanage, are actually orphaned. The instutition also takes care of children, whose parents are not able to fulfill their duties to raise and give them proper mission to take care.
A good education is very important to Mr. Kim. He personally educates the children from the outset in two main languages (Korean and Indo) with daily conversation, books, music and films. Educating the children in 2 languages will highly improve their career prospects in the future. However, Mr Kim primary concern is to be a caring father to the children.
Service volunteer in Bali - what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation (host family or shared flat or apartment)
- Teaching introduction
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Prepaid SIM card for your phone
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Your coordinator in Bali, Indonesia
All internship and volunteer programs in Bali are coordinated by Laura and Rifka. Laura was born in Surabaya, Java, and moved to Bali 5 years ago to finish her English Literature Bachelor in Cultural studies. Rifka was also born in Indonesia.
The young and energetic team will assist you during your travel preparations and during your entire stay on the island. Moreover, they regularly organize meetings with all interns and volunteers and are happy to share insider tips, that will make your stay unique and unforgettable.
Learn more about Laura !