Community Care in Nosy Be, Madagascar
Overview: Community Work in Nosy Be, Madagascar
Apart from training youth, the Center’s main goal is to set up a showcase site for surrounding villages and for all of Nosy Be.You will take part in setting up this showcase site and also teach the Center’s cook about nutrition. You will also teach young trainees – as well as staff – English language, vis-a-vis the villagers. Participants will also teach them about nutrition and hygiene including the English language. You will also get a good opportunity to contribute in bringing positive changes in the lives of women there by sharing income generating activities and working with them.
Service community engagement in Madagascar - what's in and what's not in
Services for your community engagement work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Placement in a community engagement project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport pick-up with direct transfer to your accommodation (only Sunday)
- Accommodation during your whole volunteer work (in dormitories in the volunteer house)
- Every day transport to the project site
- 3 meals during the weekdays
- 2 meals on Saturday and Sunday
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
What’s not included:
- Personal expenses
- Transfer to the airport after the end of your project work
You Local Coordinator in Madagascar.
Hoby is project coordinator in Mahajanga, Madagascar and therefore your local contact. He will help you where ever he can and will try to convey a feeling of home abroad.