Internship in a Kindergarten, Tenerife
Overview: Internship in a Kindergarten, Tenerife
The kindergarten is situated in the south of the canary island of Tenerife and is part of an ecological community. There are two age-groups of children, one for the 1-4 years old and one for 4-7 years old. They are taught according to the Waldorf philosophies.
The Waldorf philosophy is an educational concept, which is strongly influenced by the teachers. The key elements of the philosophy are constant rhythms throughout the daily and weekly schedule and a strong relation to the annual seasons. The imitation plays a very important role too - the children feel the atmosphere, the inner attitude of adults and try to imitate them. The teachers act as a role model.
The toys are 'only' made of natural materials such as wood, wool, felt, cloth or baskets.
Most of the day the children play outside – there is a very large and beautiful outdoor area. Thereby the children have a close connection with various animals such as turtles, parrots, sheeps, pot-bellied pigs, chickens, goats, cats and rabbits. The play runs totally open and free.
Internship abroad service - what's in and what's not in
Services for your internship abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Individual internship placement according your desired branch and time
- Contractual procedures between the company and the applicant
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Optional additional services:
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
What’s not included:
- Local transport
- Food and beverage
Your coordinator in Teneriffa
Tine moved 4 years ago to Tenerife and is originally from Germany. It was surfing what brought her to this tiny island. Now she know all the advantages of the island life and can give inters exciting insider tips to take full advantage of life on the "Island of Eternal Spring".
Learn more about Tine !