Internship in animal welfare/animal keeper in Ecuador (individual search)
Overview Internship in Ecuador
Complete an internship in animal welfare/animal keeper in Ecuador in preparation for your professional career. Our partner organization has the opportunity to search for an internship for you individually.
The concept of animal welfare includes all legislative and practical efforts and measures to ensure the well-being and life of animals, for example the correct and proper care and use of animals by humans and the proper and humane treatment of animals. The most important task is to protect the welfare of the animal from the adverse effects caused by humans. But in certain situations the protection from other animals, plants, microorganisms or maleficent environmental influences is also an important aim of animal welfare.
You can distinguish between the indirect welfare in which the consideration of the interests of the animals is only an incidental result of the actions (eg, transport, medicines and forest protection laws, animal theft or hunting and poaching) and the immediate welfare which focuses directly in the preservation of life and welfare of the animals (protection from pain, suffering, injury or distress).
The most important aims of animal care is also professional and humane care, support and breeding of animals in animal shelters, zoos, research facilities or farms. The job of an animal keeper can be differentiated into three activities: research and clinical practice (the activities are focused on the breeding and raising of animals), animal care in zoos (activities are focused on work in zoos, which includes construction and maintenance of the cages, feeding and care of the animals) and the care of the animals in animal shelters and pensions.
Internship abroad service - what's in and what's not in
Services for your internship abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:
- Individual internship placement according your desired branch and time
- Contractual procedures between the company and the applicant
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Optional additional services:
- Arrangement of accommodation
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Organization of a rental car or scooter
What’s not included:
- Local transport
- Food and beverage