Volunteer Work - Teaching in Nairobi, Kenya
Volunteer Work - Teaching in Nairobi, Kenya OverviewTeaching in Africa is an enriching experience and can help the education system. This project offers the opportunity - for volunteers and trained teachers - to improve children's daily school routines in Kenya. Together with team of volunteers, you will have a happy and carefree time while immersed in the Kenyan culture.
No special skills are required, but motivation, initiative and willingness to embark into a new and foreign culture.
Service volunteer abroad - what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation (host family or shared flat or apartment)
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Organization of a rental car or scooter if demanded
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Prepaid SIM card for your phone
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Your coordinator in Kenya
Pius is a Kenyan citizen and has his roots in the region. He is a graduate of the village life himself and lived a similar lifestyle as these children live today. He came from a family that could not provide for their children but he was lucky to be given a chance by a generous individual who enabled him to go to school. Now Pius runs a successful au-pair agency and tours and travel firm in Nairobi. Being grateful, every day, for the chances he got, Pius is very committed to help others getting the same opportunities. Pius together with his like minded friends,is currently assisting 15 orphaned children .