At one glance
From 4 Weeks
All programs are available for a minimum duration of 4 weeks.
The programs start every Monday.
The projects require good English skills.
The projects are located in different cities across Canada.
Canada - not the typical "volunteering country"?
Canada is certainly not among the first 5 places that would come to mind when thinking of where volunteers are needed. The reason for this is obvious: it is not a developing country, as other "Volunteering countries" are usually defined. Canada is a modern welfare state with a low percentage of people living below the poverty line. But without the sense of national volunteerism Canada would not be what it is now. Many institutions would not work or simply would not exist. Some of the first hospitals were founded by volunteers. Orphanages and other health centers arose only because Canadians selflessly help each other and give their time and energy to others.
Programs in the Wilderness
Here you work in the midst of the Canadian natural scenery! You are literally surrounded by nature! The programs are mainly concerned with the
- protection and preservation of the environment
- protection and taking care of the animals in Canada's wild
You should be physically fit and willing to put Facebook & Co. silent for a while. For in these remote areas, you rarely find Internet! The programs are perfect for you if you have had enough of the hustle and bustle and want to pursue the call of the wild.
- maintenance of nature trails
- guided tours through nature trails
- taking care of injured or orphaned animals
Programs in the City
In these programs you work in public social institutions or with counselling organisations in the city. Examples are volunteering
- in a nursing home
- in a home for the physically handicapped
- in community programs that help the poor or those dealing with addictions
- climate protection programs.
The internship programs in Canada are totally professional in every way, as your associated project and task field is supervised by a staff member of your host institution.
- gerneral administration
- plan and perform fundraising events
- graphic and web design
- visits to communities
- participation in excursions
Why Volunteer as an International Volunteer in Canada?
Volunteers in Canada have high priority, not only the volunteering citizens, but also the foreign volunteers. Same as in other countries you voluntarily stand up for improving the lives of others. And that is highly valued. Through years of experience with national assistance they have developed well-structured volunteer management in many institutions. Clear tasks and distributions guarantee you and the volunteer project maximum and sustained success. You'll gain so much from your experience and discover a new side of yourself. All of this while working in a breathtaking setting and on projects that let you get as close to nature as you possibly could, an opportunity that you wouldn’t have as a normal tourist.
- guaranteed and uncomplicated placement in Canadian charities
- support charity organizations
- program duration between 4 and 16 weeks
- apply for your working permit directly at the airport in Canada
- fields such as administration, social services, environmental and climate protection
- improve your English and/or French
- no previous studies required