Volunteer After-School Project in Cusco, Peru
Overview: volunteer after-school project in Peru
The sustained economic boom in Peru has not resulted in a satisfying prosperity among most parts of the population. Volunteers are especially needed to work in the social sector like education. This afternoon school is in need of volunteer care placements, as they can add vital assistance.
Service volunteer in Peru- what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation (host family or shared flat or apartment)
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- 20 hours Spanish course
- Organization of a rental car or scooter if demanded
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Prepaid SIM card for your phone
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Your coordinator in Peru
Donny is Dutch and since the end of 2008 he lives in Cusco, Peru. He worked at a Spanish school and volunteered at an internship organization in the centre of Cusco. He is responsible for the marketing, communications, the website and online sales. He loves travelling, "it makes you richer", he said. "It’s an escape to another world, far away from your daily live. Seeing beautiful countries and meeting interesting people charges the battery for the rest of the year." Every year he took a month to travel with his backpack in countries in Africa and South America. Until he finally came back to Peru where he met Yuliana, his wife. From that moment, travelling became living in another country. "I now see what I didn’t see travelling!"
Learn more about Donny !