Volunteer English and Life Skill Teaching in Cusco, Peru
Overview: volunteer as a school teacher in Peru
The project will be implemented in the poorer suburbs of the city of Cusco. In addition, especially young people and adults of both sexes will benefit from the project. The main focus of the project is to provide a better acces to the labor market for young people. The training is based on the needs of the local market and aims at generating an income in future, but also should promote the personal growth and development of the families and to develop the ability for self-determination.
Service volunteer in Peru- what's in and what's not in
Services for your volunteer work abroad include the active support in the preparation of your entire stay abroad. The team of our partner organization in each country supports you, wherever you require it:What's included:
- Placement in a volunteer project according to you demands
- Assisting visa application
- Information about cheap flights, travel insurances and other important travel documents
- Airport transportation with direct transfer to your accommodation
- Accommodation (host family or shared flat or apartment)
- 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- 20 hours Spanish course
- Organization of a rental car or scooter if demanded
- Orientation on site through a staff member
- Tips and information about freetime activities
- Prepaid SIM card for your phone
- Contact person during your stay abroad
- 24-hour emergency number
- Regular meetings with all volunteers or interns
Your coordinator in Peru
Donny is Dutch and since the end of 2008 he lives in Cusco, Peru. He worked at a Spanish school and volunteered at an internship organization in the centre of Cusco. He is responsible for the marketing, communications, the website and online sales. He loves travelling, "it makes you richer", he said. "It’s an escape to another world, far away from your daily live. Seeing beautiful countries and meeting interesting people charges the battery for the rest of the year." Every year he took a month to travel with his backpack in countries in Africa and South America. Until he finally came back to Peru where he met Yuliana, his wife. From that moment, travelling became living in another country. "I now see what I didn’t see travelling!"
Learn more about Donny !